With keen business instincts, Shevaun is invested in clients’ success. A skilled negotiator with energy to spare, she gets the deal done.
Shevaun McGrath is a partner in the firm’s Toronto office and Co-Head of McCarthy Tétrault’s National Private Equity Group. An accomplished deal-maker, Shevaun’s practice is focused on private equity, mergers and acquisitions, and capital markets.
With a proven ability to assist clients with investment opportunities, and an instinct for negotiating the best outcomes, Shevaun takes a practical and business-driven approach to clients’ transactions. She advises domestic and foreign companies, both public and private, on their M&A, divesture and capital raising activities. In her private equity practice, Shevaun represents institutional investors in their investment activities, including direct investments, investments in private equity and other alternative investment funds and fund formation.
Shevaun’s experience includes cross-border and domestic transactions in a wide range of industries. Select recent experience includes:
Private Equity M&A:
- GI Partners, a US-based private equity firm, in the acquisition of Insurity, Inc.
- Novacap in its acquisition of the business of Spectrum Health Care
- Fortive, a US-based diversified industrial conglomerate company, in its acquisition of Intelex Technologies Inc. through its wholly-owned subsidiary Industrial Scientific
- City Capital Ventures in its acquisition of Burger King and Pizza Hut franchisee business from Redberry Group
- Olympus Growth Fund VI, LP, a US-based private equity firm, in its acquisition of Rise Baking Artisan Bread, Inc., Rise Baking Sweet Goods, Inc. and PBF Pita Bread Factory Ltd.
- Vista Equity Partners, an American private equity company, in its:
- acquisition of QuickMobile by Cvent Inc.
- acquisition of Obero Technologies Inc. by Xactly Corp.
- US$4.4 billion take private acquisition of DH Corp
- Ares Management L.P., the U.S. asset management company, in the acquisition of Convergint Technologies, a leading global independent security integrator
Investment Funds and Fund Formation:
- NAV Canada in connection with their primary, secondary and co-investment activities
- KPS Capital Partners, LP in connection with the launch of its KPS Special Situations Fund V
- Northleaf Capital Partners in connection with its:
- primary, secondary and co-investment investments activities
- launch of Northleaf Venture Catalyst Fund II
- Woodbridge Corporation in connection with their primary, secondary and co-investment activities
- Forthlane Partners in connection with their primary, secondary and co-investment activities
- CPPIB in connection with their primary, secondary and co-investment activities
- Canada Post Pension Plan in connection with their primary, secondary and co-investment activities
Shevaun is an active volunteer in the Toronto and surrounding community. A past board member of Bereaved Families of Ontario, Shevaun volunteers with BFO and acts as a facilitator to assist parents dealing with the loss of infant children.
She received her LLB from Queen’s University in 1998 and her BA in Political Science from McGill University in 1995.
Band 1: Investment Funds: Fund Formation
Leading Lawyer: Investment Funds and Private Equity: Buyouts
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions
Lexpert Special Edition – Finance and M&A
IFLR 1000 Guide to the World's Leading Financial Law Firms
Notable Practitioner: Private Equity, M&A
Recognized as a leading lawyer in Private Equity
Lexpert Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer: Corporate Law, Private Funds Law, Securities Law, Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law