Sarah is an Associate in the Labour and Employment Group in Vancouver. Sarah maintains a broad labour, employment and human rights practice and strives to offer practical solutions to the complex needs of her clients.
Some of Sarah’s recent experience includes:
- Representing employers in litigation before the BC Supreme Court, the BC Provincial Court, the BC Human Rights Tribunal, the BC Employment Standards Branch and the Workers Compensation Appeal Tribunal.
- Advising employers on workplace issues including workplace safety and requirements relating to COVID-19, workplace bullying and harassment, human rights issues including reasonable accommodation, and employee terminations.
- Advising employers on employment contracts, employment termination packages, and workplace policies.
- Representing employers in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution.
- Advising clients on labour and employment issues arising from corporate transactions.
Sarah obtained a J.D from the Peter A. Allard School of Law at UBC in 2019. During law school, Sarah participated in the International Justice and Human Rights Clinic and travelled to Switzerland to assist the Canadian member of the UN Human Rights Committee. Sarah also volunteered through Pro Bono Students Canada and as an Assistant Editor with the UBC Law Review. In addition, Sarah holds a BA in International Relations from UBC.
Sarah was called to the British Columbia bar in 2020 and is a member of the Law Society of BC, the Canadian Bar Association and the Vancouver Bar Association. Prior to joining McCarthy Tetrault, Sarah completed articles and worked as an associate at a leading litigation firm in Vancouver.