Saqib Butt is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance (debt and equity), securities, structured finance and general corporate matters. He also provides advice on various matters related to ongoing securities law requirements and corporate governance.
Saqib’s recent experience includes acting for:
- Kroll Computer Systems Inc. on the $250 million sale of its pharmacy software solutions business to TELUS
- Systemware Innovation Corporation on the sale of its information technology and software engineering consulting business to Alithya Group Inc.
- DATA Communications Management Corp. on the acquisitions of printing companies Thistle Printing Limited and Eclipse Colour & Imaging Corp.
- Aquila Resources Inc. on a US$10 million equity subscription transaction with Osisko Gold Royalties Ltd.
- TD Securities Inc. and a syndicate of dealers in respect of Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation’s $30 million public offering of shares
- The Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation on a modernization plan to transform its casino gaming businesses, including multi-year operating contracts with private sector operators
- A number of Canadian financial institutions on the establishment of their global covered bond programs and the subsequent issuance of securities under the programs
Saqib received his JD from Western University’s Faculty of Law. After his first year of law school, he was selected for the McCarthy Tétrault Business Law Internship and spent the summer working with the legal team at CIBC World Markets. He received his Bachelor of Commerce with a specialization in finance from Ryerson University.
Saqib was called to the Ontario Bar in 2015. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Ontario Bar Association and the Canadian Bar Association.