Recognized for her detail-oriented and pragmatic approach, Samantha provides clients with a comprehensive perspective on their projects from development to completion
A partner in our Business Law Group in Vancouver, Samantha is known for providing responsive solutions to clients with respect to the development, financing, commercial and other aspects of complex infrastructure projects.
Clients benefit from Samantha’s versatile experience as she regularly acts for borrowers and lenders on all aspects of public-private-partnership transactions. Her experience spans a wide range of industry sectors, including water treatment, social infrastructure, rail and other transportation.
Recent transactions include:
- Advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the $5.7 billion Gordie Howe International Bridge Project (2018 Lexpert Deal of the Year, 2018 IJ Global Roads Deal of the Year for North America, 2019 P3 Award for Best Road/Bridge/Tunnel Project, Project Finance International 2018 Americas Transport Deal of the Year, Canadian Council for Public Private Partnerships 2019 Gold Award for Project Financing, CG/LA Infrastructure 2019 Oracle Project of the Year Award and Outstanding Emerging Project by the National Council for Public-Private Partnerships);
- Advising the successful bidder for the $2.5 billion Finch West LRT Project (2018 IJ Global Rail Deal of the Year for North America);
- Advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the $1.2 billion West Park Healthcare Centre Project (2019 P3 Award (Silver) for Best Social Infrastructure Project (excluding Education) and 2019 P3 Award (Silver) for Best Financial Structure – Social Infrastructure);
- Advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the $417 million Royal Inland Hospital Patient Care Tower Project (2018 IJ Global Social Infrastructure Deal of the Year for North America);
- Advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the $175 million Regional Express Rail Davenport Diamond Project;
- Advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the $640 million Highway 401 Expansion Project;
- Advising a bidder for the Edmonton Valley Line West Project; and
- Advising the lenders to a bidder for the Bayers Lake Community Outpatient Centre Project.
Samantha joined the firm in September, 2009. She received a BSc in Physics from the University of British Columbia in 2005 and her LLB from the University of British Columbia in 2008. She was called to the British Columbia bar in 2009 and the Ontario bar in 2018. She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, the Vancouver Bar Association, the Law Society of British Columbia and the Law Society of Ontario.