Quentin Lageix is an associate in our Tax Group in Montréal. His practice focuses on corporate tax, international taxation and tax planning.
Quentin holds a Bachelor’s degree in law from the University of Montreal (LLB), from which he graduated in 2013, and is currently completing a Master’s degree in tax law (LLM) at HEC Montréal.
Quentin is a member of the Canadian Tax Foundation and the Association de planification fiscale et financière. He is also a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Montreal. Quentin was called to the Québec Bar in 2016.
- Le Groupe Maurice in its partnership with US-based Ventas Inc. through the sale of 85% interest in its Canadian senior housing portfolio
- Stifel Financial Corp., a US-based financial services company, in its agreement to acquire substantially all of the capital markets business of GMP Capital Inc.
- The underwriters, as Canadian counsel, in the US$94.9 million initial public offering of Milestone Pharmaceuticals, a Canada-based pharmaceutical company with a US subsidiary
- Walter Capital Partners in its investment in Edge Imaging, the largest Canadian-owned school photography company
- Walter Financial Inc., as a seller, in the acquisition by ONCAP of Walter Surface Technologies Inc., Walter Surface Technologies Incorporated, Walter de Mexico S.A. de C.V., and Walter Industria e Comercio LTDA
- Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in the acquisition of a minority stake totalling C$112 million in 9215-7064 Québec Inc. (known as Groupe Océan)
- Pomerleau in the acquisition of a minority interest by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for C$50 million
- CO2 Solutions Inc. in the C$1.5 million public offering of convertible unsecured debentures and common share purchase warrants
- Groupe Solmax Inc. in the acquisition of GSE Holdings Inc., a US company with subsidiaries abroad
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. in its C$1.1 billion acquisition of Tembec Inc.