Paul Kunynetz is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. His dynamic corporate commercial practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, franchisee/distribution, commercial transactions, and private equity with an emphasis on the automotive and cannabis sectors. Paul advises clients across industries utilizing his business knowledge and industry expertise.
Paul was recently embedded with the Ontario Cannabis Store where he advised on various matters including the design and implementation of the Province’s strategy for the wholesale and retail distribution of recreational cannabis in Ontario, including commercial relationships with key vendors. Paul previously completed a secondment with a major Canadian telecom company, during which time he advised on matters relating to corporate/commercial as well franchise/distribution law.
- Advising Brookfield Asset Management in the C$4.3 billion acquisition of Enercare Inc. by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
- Advising the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation on a modernization plan to transform its casino gaming businesses, including multi-year operating contracts with private sector operators
- Advising EllisDon in its acquisition of certain Canadian assets of Carillion
- Advising a major Canadian telecom company in relation to a C$2.75 billion transit expansion project
- Advising Kraft Foods on the global separation of its grocery and snacks businesses
- Advising OMERS Private Equity and Berkshire Partners on the C$2.1 billion acquisition of Husky Injection Molding Systems ¬ Advising Mondelēz International on the sale of its four milling businesses
Paul graduated from the University of Windsor Faculty of Law in 2012. Prior to law school, he received an Honours in Business Administration, with distinction, from the Richard Ivey School of Business, as well as a concurrent Bachelor of Arts in Social Science, with distinction, from the University of Western Ontario in 2009.
Paul was called to the Ontario bar in 2013. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association, and the Ontario Bar Association.