Noel Chow is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. She maintains a general corporate law practice, with a focus on banking and secured lending transactions, including syndicated and bilateral financings, acquisition financings, project finance, and multi-jurisdictional and multi-currency transactions. She has represented Canadian and foreign banks and financial institutions as well as borrowers in various business industries.
Noel has also advised both issuers and underwriters in corporate transactions including mergers and acquisitions, private placements and prospectus offerings.
In 2015, Noel was seconded to the legal department of Manulife Financial. While at Manulife, she assisted with the drafting and negotiation of commercial agreements, reviewed prospectus disclosure documents and provided legal support to internal business units.
The following are some of the transactions in which Noel was recently involved:
- Credit Suisse AG in the US$1.48 billion financing to Searchlight Capital Partners, L.P. in connection with its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation
- An American multinational bank, as agent, in its establishment of asset-based credit facilities for a natural and organic foods distributor
- Brookfield Asset Management in the C$4.3 billion acquisition of Enercare Inc. by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
- A leading Canadian bank, as senior lender, in the establishment of senior and subordinate credit facilities for a construction and engineering company
- A major American bank in the establishment of syndicated secured credit facilities for a group of U.S. and Canadian power generation and manufacturing companies
- A prominent American bank in the establishment of syndicated secured credit facilities for a specialty medical device manufacturer and distributor
- An American private investment firm in the acquisition financing of a group of agricultural products suppliers
- An American private equity firm, as lender, in the establishment of a syndicated secured revolving credit facility for a fitness facilities operator
- A US-focused credit asset manager, as the lender, in the establishment of syndicated secured revolving credit facilities for a specialized consumer services business
- InstarAGF Asset Management Inc. in the acquisition of Skyservice Investments Inc., through the InstarAGF Essential Infrastructure Fund
Noel received her JD from the Faculty of Law at Queen’s University. She previously obtained her Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) at the Smith School of Business at Queen’s University. Prior to law school, Noel gained financial experience as a Commercial Banking Associate at TD Commercial Banking, where she was responsible for structuring, underwriting and performing ongoing portfolio management on corporate borrowers.
She is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, Canadian Bar Association and Ontario Bar Association.