Myriane is trusted by clients to handle their most sensitive matters and to find solutions.
With over 15 years of experience, Myriane’s labour and employment practice, in English and French, services clients of all sizes and industries on their most important human resources, labour relations and workforce planning matters. She provides strategic counsel and pragmatic business solutions to clients, assisting them with complex terminations, disability and performance management, management and investigation of violence and harassment claims, and collective bargaining negotiations. Understanding the law and the operational realities of clients’ workplaces, Myriane advises on the development and implementation of employment and corporate policies and practices across multiple Canadian jurisdictions, leveraging the Firm’s strong national presence.
She acts on behalf of numerous companies before civil and administrative law courts, including, but not limited to, the Administrative Labour Tribunal, the Canada Industrial Relations Board, the Québec Superior Court and the Québec Court of Appeal.
She regularly provides educational training for managers and employees.
Before joining McCarthy Tétrault, Myriane practiced at three national firms. As an industry thought leader, Myriane is regularly invited as a lecturer. She also taught labour and employment law at the Montreal Bar School.
She is actively involved in the community sitting on the board of La Compagnie Jean Duceppe. She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association, American Bar Association and Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers.
Some of her recent experience includes:
- Lead Counsel for a major global placement agency with respect to a variety of legal matters across Canada
- Lead Counsel for a major marketing agency with respect to a variety of legal matters across Canada
- Lead Counsel for a global web-based temporary housing company with respect to a variety of employment matters across Canada
- Lead Counsel for major retailers with respect to a variety of employment matters across Canada
- Lead Counsel for a major luxury fashion web-based retailer with respect to a variety of employment matters across Canada
- Lead Counsel for a major visual effects company with respect to a variety of employment matters
- Lead Counsel for a maritime company with respect to a variety of employment and labour matters
- Negotiated several collective agreements
- Representing a financial institution before the Canada Industrial Relations Board and the Canadian Human Rights Commission in a complex file alleging discrimination and unfair labour practices
- Representing a financial institution in defense of a complaint alleging discrimination and involving sensitive mental health issues in the workplace
- Representing a financial institution before the Superior Court of Quebec in the scope of a claim for increased disability benefits
- Representing a visual effects company in the scope of a major overtime suit instituted by the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (“CNESST”)
- Representing a major accounting firm in the scope of a significant reclassification suit instituted by a former IT consultant alleging that he was an employee
- Representing a maritime company before the Canada Industrial Relations Board in several applications alleging unjust dismissal and unfair labour practices, as well as petitions in certification
Leading Lawyer: Employment & Labour - Quebec
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Employment Law
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer: Labour and Employment Law