Morris Choy is an associate in our Real Property & Planning group in Vancouver. His practice covers a broad range of commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions and dispositions, commercial leasing, and development matters, with particular emphasis on real estate financing.
His recent experience includes:
- acted for a lender syndicate on a construction loan for the “Live at CF Richmond Centre” residential development project;
- acted for a lender syndicate on an acquisition loan for the “TriCity Central” mixed-use development project in Coquitlam, British Columbia;
- acted for a lender syndicate on a construction loan for the “King George Hub” mixed-use development project in Surrey, British Columbia;
- acted for a lender syndicate on a construction loan for the “Flamingo” residential development project in Surrey, British Columbia;
- acting on an on-going basis for Canadian chartered banks and Canadian life insurance companies in connection with acquisition and term finance of office, retail, and industrial lands;
- acting on an on-going basis for a Canadian life insurance company in connection with construction financing for multi-family developments across British Columbia;
- acting on an on-going basis for a German bank in connection with the finance of a portfolio of luxury hotels in Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Ottawa.
- acted for the vendor on the sale of St. Paul’s Hospital lands in Vancouver, British Columbia;
- acted for the vendor on the sale of Grouse Mountain Resort in British Columbia;
- acted for the purchaser of a strategically located office building in Burnaby’s Brentwood neighbourhood;
DEVELOPMENT/SALES & MARKETING
- acting on an on-going basis for one of Canada’s largest residential developers in connection with the acquisition, financing, development, sales, and marketing of their multi-phase masterplanned communities in Surrey and Burnaby;
- acted for the developer of the world’s tallest passive house tower located in downtown Vancouver in connection with its acquisition, sales, and marketing.
Morris obtained his BSc in Public Policy from Cornell University in 2014 and his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School in 2018. He joined the firm as an articling student in 2018 and was called to the bar in British Columbia in 2019.
Morris is a member of NAIOP (Vancouver Chapter), Federation of Canadian Lawyers (BC), the Real Property and Banking Sections of the Canadian Bar Association, the Vancouver Bar Association, and the Law Society of British Columbia. He is also a member of the St. George’s Old Boys’ Associations and the Cornell Alumni Admissions Ambassador Network.
Morris speaks fluent Cantonese.