Morgane is an associate in our Litigation Group in Québec City. Her practice focuses mainly on professional and medical liability and civil and commercial litigation, including class actions, banking litigation, contractual law and consumer law. She has represented clients before a number of first instance courts and appeals courts as well as certain administrative tribunals.
She was recently involved in the following mandates:
- acted for physician members of the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) in medical liability actions resulting in the dismissal of these actions by the Superior Court;
- successfully argued before the Court of Appeal for the dismissal of an appeal brought by the plaintiff in a matter of medical liability;
- represented physician members of the CMPA before the Professions Tribunal in matters resulting in reduced periods of temporary deregistration;
- represented a financial institution in a contractual litigation matter, obtaining the dismissal of an action brought before the Superior Court as well as the dismissal of an appeal brought by the plaintiff;
- successfully argued before the Court of Appeal a matter regarding the prospective operation of Acts of Parliament;
- assisted individuals and entities before the Commission d’accès à l’information.
Within the firm, Morgane participates in student recruitment and regularly serves as a mentor. She is actively involved in organizing events and carrying out pro bono work for the benefit of various organisations.
From 2013 to 2017, Morgane worked as a research assistant and lecturer at Université Laval in connection with a moot competition.
Morgane obtained her Bachelor of Law degree from Université Laval in 2016 and holds a Master of International and Transnational Law degree, which she completed in 2017 by writing a thesis on arbitration and international investment. She made the honour roll of the Faculté des études supérieures in 2017-2018.
Morgane was admitted to the Quebec Bar in 2017. She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Québec City since 2017.