Michael Shahinian is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. He maintains a general corporate and securities practice which includes corporate finance and public and private mergers and acquisitions.
Michael has experience advising clients on a variety of corporate transactions, including private placements, public offerings, asset and share transactions, reverse take-overs and corporate creation and reorganizations. Michael also works with public companies to ensure compliance with securities laws and stock exchange rules.
Michael obtained his Bachelor of Arts from the University of Western Ontario and his JD from the University of Calgary. He was called to the Alberta bar in 2017 and the Ontario bar in 2019. He is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Law Society of Alberta and the Canadian Bar Association.
Representative Transactions Include:
- Score Media and Gaming Inc. in its definitive agreement with Penn National Gaming, Inc. for US$2 billion
- Endeavour Mining on its C$2.44 billion all-stock acquisition of TSX-listed Teranga Gold Corporation
- Banneker Partners on its acquisition of Versaterm
- Sundial Growers Inc. in connection with its acquisition of $58.9 million principal amount of secured debt in Zenabis Global Inc.
- Auxly Cannabis Group in its C$123 million private placement of a convertible debenture with Imperial Brands, a UK-based tobacco company.
- A consortium including TD Greystone Asset Management and IST3 Investment Foundation in the C$1.7 billion agreement to acquire up to a 100 per cent of Alberta PowerLine from Canadian Utilities Limited and Quanta Services Inc.
- Enbridge in its stock-for-stock merger to acquire all of the outstanding common stock of Spectra Energy for approximately $37 billion. This transaction was the largest foreign acquisition ever by a Canadian company and has resulted in Enbridge becoming North America's largest energy infrastructure company.
- Enbridge Inc. in its acquisition of all issued and outstanding public common shares of Enbridge Income Fund (ENF)