Mark McEwan is an associate in our Business Law Group. His practice focuses mainly on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, and general commercial and corporate matters. Mark also works on a range of private equity matters.
In 2019, Mark completed a six-month secondment with a global private equity firm, during which time he worked side-by-side with investment and internal legal professionals on a variety of transactional, investment and regulatory matters.
- a Canadian private placement of common shares of DAVIDsTEA Inc. completed concurrently with an initial public offering in the U.S.;
- acting for a syndicate of dealers in connection with the establishment of Saputo Inc.’s unsecured medium-term note program and with an initial offering of notes;
- the sale by Uni-Select Inc. of its US automotive parts business to an affiliate of Icahn Enterprises;
- a secondary private placement by National Bank of Canada of shares of Fiera Capital Corporation through a syndicate of underwriters led by National Bank Financial, GMP Securities and Scotiabank;
- acting for TECSYS Inc. in connection with its bought deal offering of common shares by way of a prospectus;
- advising public companies in connection with their continuous disclosure obligations in various sectors, including the transportation, telecommunications, banking, and renewable energy industries;
- advising various U.S. and European entities on reorganizations of their Canadian operations and subsidiaries;
- a private placement of unsecured notes by Molson Coors International LP; and
- representing both buyers and sellers in asset and share purchase transactions in various industries, including the wireless, telecommunications, and entertainment sectors.
Mark graduated with great distinction in economics from McGill University in 2009 and from McGill’s Faculty of Law in 2013.