Marjolaine Hémond Hotte is a partner in the Business Law Group in Montréal. She practises mainly in the areas of corporate finance, general banking law, insolvency and corporate restructuring.
Ms. Hémond Hotte represents mainly financial institutions and businesses in corporate finance transactions within Canada and around the world, particularly in the areas of energy, infrastructure, telecommunications, transportation, agribusiness, entertainment and forestry.
Ms. Hémond Hotte’s recent experience includes:
- Legal advisor to financial institutions in connection with the financing of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc.’s acquisition of Kentz Corporation and WS Atkins in the United Kingdom;
- Legal advisor to financial institutions in connection with the financing of a major public company operating in the transportation sector;
- Legal advisor to Uni-Select in connection with the €250 million financing for its acquisition of The Parts Alliance in the United Kingdom;
- Legal advisor to the developer in connection with the $725 million financing of the biggest wind power project in Canada;
- Legal advisor to the developers and financial institutions in connection with various Canadian energy and PPP project financings;
- Legal advisor to a major company in the pulp and paper industry in connection with the implementation of credit facilities;
- Legal advisor to a number of lending syndicates in connection with financings in the mining, energy, transportation, engineering, telecommunications, agribusiness and retail industries;
- Legal advisor to several financial institutions in connection with financing of vessels within Canada and around the world.
Ms. Hémond Hotte earned a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from the Université du Québec à Montréal in 2008. She also earned a Bachelor of Arts and Science in International Studies from the Université de Montréal in 2006. She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Montréal.