Marie-Soleil Landry is a partner in our Tax Group in Montréal. Her practice encompasses all aspects of tax law, with an emphasis on corporate tax and tax planning. Marie-Soleil is involved in analyzing and developing complex strategies in connection with a variety of commercial transactions for clients of the firm, including public and private mergers and acquisitions and cross-border reorganizations.
In parallel to her practice, Marie-Soleil is actively involved in the tax community. She has published various articles, spoken on a variety of taxation topics and assisted in writing and editing tax publications in collaboration with Thompson Carswell.
After obtaining her Bachelor of Laws from Université Laval in 2010, she obtained a Master’s degree in taxation at the Université de Sherbrooke. She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Montreal. Marie-Soleil was called to the Quebec Bar in 2012.
Marie-Soleil has recently acted as tax counsel in the following mandates:
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. in the sale of its pulp mill in Matane, Quebec to Sappi Limited for US$175 million
- Gestion MAC in the sale of a 55% stake in its operating business to Groupe BMR;
- Rayonier Advanced Materials in an agreement to sell its Matane pulp mill in Quebec to Sappi Limited for US$175M;
- Nestlé S.A. in its strategic alliance with Starbucks to market Starbucks' consumer and foodservice products globally;
- Nestlé S.A. in its US$2.3 billion acquisition of Atrium Innovations Inc., which transaction was nominated for consumer products tax deal of the year at the International Tax Review Awards – Americas 2018;
- Walter Financial Inc., as seller, in the acquisition by ONCAP of the four entities carrying on the Walter Surface Technologies business internationally;
- Pomerleau in the acquisition of a minority interest by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec for C$50 million;
- The Hewitt Group in its C$1.0177 billion acquisition by Toromont Industries Ltd which transaction was nominated for consumer products tax deal of the year at the International Tax Review Awards – Americas 2018;
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. in its C$1.1 billion acquisition of Tembec Inc.;
- Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in their acquisition of a minority stake in Groupe Océan for C$112M;
- Audiokinetic Inc. in its acquisition by Sony Interactive Entertainment.