Madeleine Hawkins is an associate in our Real Property & Planning group in Vancouver. Her practice covers a broad range of commercial real estate matters including transactions, commercial leasing, financing and property development matters.
Her recent experience includes:
- Advising clients on land use and regulatory issues, including subdivision, servicing, zoning, rezoning, permitting, non-conforming use, road creation, road closure and other issues relating to local government approval processes;
- Acting for various developers of residential, commercial, industrial and mixed-use developments, including master planned and leasehold developments and projects on First Nation’s lands;
- Acting on the purchase, sale, financing and development of and investment in real estate;
- Advising clients on real property tenures and rights including tenures of and rights to use Crown land and First Nations’ lands;
- Working with local governments, public utilities and various governmental and regulatory authorities with respect to real estate development and land use issues.
Madeleine received a BA in International Studies from Simon Fraser University in 2012 and her JD from the University of British Columbia in 2015. She joined the firm as an articling student in 2015 and was called to the British Columbia bar in 2016.
The Legal 500 - Canada
Rising Star: Real Estate
Best Lawyers in Canada
Ones to Watch: Real Estate Law