Louis-Nicolas Boulanger is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montréal. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, project finance and general corporate and commercial transactions in the power, mining and infrastructure sectors.
He has acted for numerous Canadian and international purchasers, vendors, investors, developers and lenders in connection with energy projects (including wind, hydro and co-generation power projects), mining projects and infrastructure projects in Québec, Canada and around the world.
- Acting for Nemaska Lithium Inc. in connection with its C$1.1 billion financing package for its Whabouchi lithium mine and its Shawinigan lithium hydroxide and carbonate production facility.
- Acting as Canadian counsel for Invenergy in connection with the acquisition by AMP Capital of a 50% interest in a portfolio of natural gas power generation facilities owned by Invenergy Clean Power LLC and located in the United States, Canada and Mexico.
- Acting for Covanta Environmental Solutions in connection with the acquisition of Quantex Environmental, a waste-management business in Ontario, Canada.
- Acting for Eurovia, a subsidiary of the Vinci group, in connection with the acquisition of certain assets of the TNT Group, including a quarry, asphalt concrete plants and infrastructure construction activities located in Québec, Canada.
- Acting for Champion Iron Limited and Quebec Iron Ore Inc. in connection with the approximately USD$300 million financing for the restart of the Bloom Lake iron ore mine near Fermont, Québec, from Cliffs Natural Resources.
- Acting for Gaz Métro Plus in its C$25.8 million acquisition of Veolia North America’s participation in CDH Solutions & Operations Limited Partnership, owner of the CCUM urban thermal energy network in Montréal.
- Acting for Invenergy Wind LLC in connection with its $2 billion sale of a portfolio of US and Canadian wind projects with a combined installed capacity of 930 MW to TerraForm Power.
- Acting for Champion Iron Limited in connection with its acquisition of the Bloom Lake iron-ore mine near Fermont, Québec, from Cliffs Natural Resources.
- Acting for Enbridge Inc. in connection with various transactions, acquisitions and joint ventures, including its recent acquisition from EDF Énergies Nouvelles of a 50% interest in three wind projects off the coast of France with a combined installed capacity of 1,425 MW.
- Acting for a consortium in connection with the implementation of the joint venture, development and financing of the 74.8 MW Roncevaux wind project in Gaspésie, Québec.
- Acting for Nemaska Lithium in connection with Johnson Matthey Battery Materials’ financing of the Phase 1 Plant of its mining project and hydromet plant located in Shawinigan, Québec.
- Acting for the Huron-Wendat Nation in connection with the acquisition of an undivided interest in the Rivière-du-Moulin wind farm with an installed capacity of 350 MW.
Mr. Boulanger is also a member of the board of directors of AluQuébec, an organization coordinating all players in the aluminum processing industry, as well as the Chair of the Board of Directors of the Théâtre de la Banquette arrière, a non-profit theatre company performing in Montréal and across Québec.