Louis-Charles Filiatrault is an associate in our Business Law Group. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions (public and private), cross-border transactions, capital market transactions and corporate governance. He has worked across a wide range of industries, which included public and private companies (acting for both buyers and sellers), institutional investors, private equity firms and family offices. Louis-Charles also works closely with entrepreneurs that are either starting a new venture or that are well established; he assists them in their day-to day operations as well as with respect to advices in their financing needs and growth opportunities.
Louis-Charles’s experience includes advising:
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in the context of the sale of Bombardier Transportation and its investment in Alstom S.A.
- Molson Coors Brewing Company in respect of a variety of corporate and financing matters
- Eddyfi/NDT in its acquisition of NDT Global following strategic investments from CDPQ and Novacap
- TD Securities Inc. and RBC Dominion Securities Inc. and a syndicate of agents in respect of Ivanhoé Cambridge II Inc.’s C$300 million green bond offering
- Nemaska Lithium in the C$99 million private placement of subscription receipts with SoftBank Group, the Japanese technology giant, to fund the Whabouchi lithium mine and Shawinigan electrochemical plant
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. in its C$1.1 billion acquisition of Tembec Inc.
- Hewitt Equipment Ltd. in its C$1.1 billion acquisition by Toromont Industries Ltd.
- Acceo Solutions Inc. in its acquisition by Constellation Software’s Harris Operating Group
In 2018 and 2019, Louis-Charles was based in our London, England office, where he focused on Canada/EU/UK cross-border M&A and debt capital markets transactions, providing Canadian corporate and securities advice to foreign clients investing, acquiring assets or conducting business in Canada.
Louis-Charles is also an active member of his community. He is involved with the CHU Sainte-Justine Foundation as a member of the committee in charge of organizing the winter triathlon and provides pro bono services to Fondation Montreal Inc., a foundation supporting young Montreal-based entrepreneurs starting-up their companies.
Louis-Charles obtained his licence degree in civil law (LLL) from Ottawa University in 2012, where he graduated with distinction. He also holds a Bachelor degree in Political Science from Université de Montréal, which he obtained in 2009.
Louis-Charles was called to the Québec Bar in 2014.