A leader in her field, Linda brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the table.
Linda* is a partner in the Business Law and Financial Services groups in Vancouver. She is also a member of the firm’s Board of Partners and of the Audit Committee of the Board of Partners.
Linda’s practice is centred on projects and project finance, with an emphasis on infrastructure projects and assisting clients with the bidding process on the original procurement of the project through to financial close, as well as with refinancings, mergers and acquisitions and other secondary market transactions in respect of completed projects. The other focus of Linda’s practice is financial services, assisting corporate and project borrowers with the establishment of capital markets platforms, credit agreements and issuances of debt securities.
Some of her recent notable work includes:
Infrastructure and PPP
- advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the Gordie Howe International Bridge Project (2018 Lexpert Deal of the Year, 2018 IJ Global Roads Deal of the Year for North America, 2019 P3 Award for Best Road/Bridge/Tunnel Project, Project Finance International 2018 Americas Transport Deal of the Year, Canadian Council for Public Private Partnerships 2019 Gold Award for Project Financing, CG/LA Infrastructure 2019 Oracle Project of the Year Award and Outstanding Emerging Project by the National Council for Public-Private Partnerships);
- advising the successful bidder for the Finch West LRT Project (2018 IJ Global Rail Deal of the Year for North America);
- advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the West Park Healthcare Centre Project (2019 P3 Award (Silver) for Best Social Infrastructure Project (excluding Education) and 2019 P3 Award (Silver) for Best Financial Structure – Social Infrastructure);
- advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the Royal Inland Hospital Patient Care Tower Project (2018 IJ Global Social Infrastructure Deal of the Year for North America); and
- advising the lenders to the successful bidder for the Tlicho All-Season Road Project (Canadian Council for Public Private Partnerships 2019 Gold Award for Project Development).
Corporate Debt and Project Finance
- advising the underwriters on the private placement of six series of bonds in the aggregate principal amount of $5 billion to fund the development of the Muskrat Falls hydroelectric generation and transmission facility;
- advising the sole underwriter on the private placement of $1.3 billion of bonds to fund the development of the Maritime Link transmission facility;
- advising a major chemical producer in respect of its syndicated bank facility, the issuances of its Senior Notes and its project finance facilities;
- advising a major forestry company in respect of its syndicated credit facility, its bilateral credit facility and its senior secured notes;
- advising an international airport authority on the issuance of several series of its debentures;
- advising a port authority on the issuance of senior unsecured debentures; and
- advising a British Columbia ferry company on the establishment of a capital markets platform, its credit facilities and the issuance of public and privately placed debt instruments.
Linda has been an instructor for Business and Professional Programs at Simon Fraser University and the University of British Columbia Law School. She is also the President and Chair of the Board of Directors of Ballet BC.
She received her LLB from the University of British Columbia in 1988 and was called to the British Columbia bar in 1990 and the Ontario bar in 2018. She served as Law Clerk to Mr. Justice Douglas Lambert of the British Columbia Court of Appeal from 1988 to 1989.
* denotes Law Corporation
Leading Lawyer: Projects: PPP & Infrastructure - Canada
Band 1: Project Finance - Nationwide Canada
Leading Lawyer: Projects: PPP & Infrastructure - Nationwide Canada
The Legal 500 - Canada
Leading Lawyer: Infrastructure and projects
Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Asset Securitization; Infrastructure Law; and Project Finance
Lexpert Special Edition: Infrastructure
Who’s Who Legal: Canada
Recognized as a leading lawyer in the area of project finance
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading lawyer in the areas of areas of banking and finance law and project finance law
IFLR 1000 Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
Highly Regarded: Project development, banking, project finance, capital markets: debt
Lexology Client Choice Awards
Expertise in Banking Law in British Columbia