Leisa is an associate in our Business Law Group in Vancouver. Leisa maintains a general corporate and commercial practice that covers a range of areas, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance and corporate reorganizations. Leisa advises clients in a variety of industries, including private equity, tourism, retail and consumer markets, technology, financial services and construction.
Representative transactions and experience include advising:
- CM (Canada) Asset Management on its sale of Grouse Mountain Resort to Northland Properties Corporation;
- CAI Capital Partners with respect to its investment in RebalanceMD Canada Ltd;
- a sustainability-focused venture capital fund with respect to its investment in a company that sources, imports, sells and distributes eco-friendly household and commercial consumer products;
- a B.C. based quantum computing company with respect to its equity financing;
- a B.C. health and technology company with respect to an investment by a U.S.-based private equity fund;
- a national pharmacy chain with respect to an organizational restructure;
- a construction company with respect to its acquisition of multiple specialized construction-related businesses;
- a Canadian video game company with respect to its acquisition of an artificial intelligence technology company;
- a Vancouver-based fintech company in its seed and Series A financing rounds;
- Skeena Resources Limited in its 100% acquisition of the Eskay Creek gold and silver project from Barrick Gold;
- a B.C. royalties company with respect to its qualifying transaction on the TSX Venture Exchange and concurrent financing; and
- clients with respect to the negotiation of commercial agreements, including in the warehousing and distribution sector.
Leisa holds a Bachelor of Laws with first class honours and a Bachelor of Business (Public Relations) with distinction from the Queensland University of Technology in Australia, and was admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland in 2012. Leisa was called to the bar in British Columbia in 2019 and is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia, the Vancouver Bar Association and the Canadian Bar Association.