Laura Zurowski is counsel in the firm’s Calgary office and a member of the Financial Services Group. Laura has extensive experience advising financial institutions and corporations on a wide range of financing transactions, including project financings, syndicated lending transactions, cross-border financings, acquisition and equipment financing as well as a wealth of experience advising on general corporate and commercial matters.
Laura has acted for private, mid-size and international borrowers and domestic and foreign financial institutions in connection with financings and commercial transactions in various industries with particular focus on the energy and real estate sectors. She also has experience in advising franchisors and franchisees in connection with Canadian statutory compliance and general franchising matters.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising a lender on the securing of real estate development properties in Ontario in connection with a CAN$50 million loan facility.
- Acting as counsel to the administrative agent and the lenders in connection with the CA$215 million project financing for the development, construction, ownership and operation of a wind power project.
- Acting as counsel to a major Canadian bank in respect of the assignment and assumption of CAN$94.5 million senior secured credit facilities and the immediate amendment and restatement of the senior credit agreement involving complex trust indenture provisions.
- Acting as Canadian counsel on the CA$1.26 billion sale of certain client subsidiaries.
- Advising a major oil & gas company in connection with project acquisition and operating financing.
- Advising an International energy client in connection with its US$125 million syndicated credit facilities and CAN$490 million subsequent restatement.
- Advising a syndicate of banks in connection with a CAN$60 million acquisition financing involving the agriculture sector.
- Financing and corporate work in relation to pipeline, natural resources and real estate projects in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
- Acting on behalf of franchisees and domestic and international franchisors on matters relating to franchise compliance, operations, negotiation and preparation of franchise agreements and disclosure documents.
Laura was called to the Alberta bar in 1998. She is a member of the Law Society of Alberta and the Calgary Bar Association.