Kelleher Lynch is an associate in the Pensions, Benefits and Executive Compensation Group in Toronto. He advises on legal issues pertaining to provincially and federally regulated pension plans and employee benefit arrangements.
Prior to joining McCarthy Tétrault, Kelleher worked on pension-related legal and regulatory matters with the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and pension policy development with the Ministry of Finance. He also served as counsel with the Department of Justice on a range of administrative and litigation matters, and previously clerked for the Honourable Justice Glennys L. McVeigh and the Honourable Justice Simon Fothergill at the Federal Court.
Kelleher has recently acted for:
- Unilever Plc in the sale of its spreads business to KKR for US$8 billion
- Jefferies Finance LLC, as the administrative and collateral agent, joint lead arranger and bookrunner, in the US$908 million debt financing by Dentalcorp Health Services ULC
- Credit Suisse AG in the US$1.48 billion financing to Searchlight Capital Partners, L.P. in connection with its acquisition of Mitel Networks Corporation
- Olymel L.P. in the purchase of all the issued and outstanding shares of Pinty’s Delicious Foods Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management in the C$4.3 billion acquisition of Enercare Inc. by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
- Nestlé S.A. in its US$7.15 billion strategic alliance with Starbucks to market Starbucks' consumer and foodservice products globally
- Mill Road Capital in the sale of PRT Growing Services Ltd. to TriWest Capital Partners
- CVC Capital Partners Asia Fund IV in its acquisition of OANDA Global Corporation
- Samsonite International S.A. in the refinancing of its senior secured credit facilities including revolving facility of US$650 million and initial term loan facilities of US$1.493 billion
- Nestlé S.A. in its US$2.3 billion acquisition of Atrium Innovations Inc.
- Vista Equity Partners in the acquisition of Obero Technologies Inc. by Xactly Corp
Kelleher received his LLB from Trinity College Dublin in 2009 and his LLM from University College London in 2011, and was admitted to practise law in New York in 2012, Ontario in 2014 and British Columbia in 2017. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada and the Law Society of British Columbia.