Jordan Chu is an associate in our Business Law Group in Vancouver. He maintains a general corporate practice that focuses on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and corporate governance matters. Jordan represents clients in various industries, including financial services, mining and technology.
Jordan’s recent experience includes representing:
- Zijin Mining Group Co., Ltd. in its approximately US$400 million acquisition of a majority equity interest in the Rosebel Gold Mine in Suriname.
- The Owners of Regency Retirement Resorts, in their approximately C$600 million sale of a portfolio of nine independent-living retirement residences in the Okanagan region of British Columbia, Canada.
- Timbercreek Capital Inc. in connection with the formation of Timbercreek North American Mortgage Fund, an open-ended North American private debt fund.
- Timbercreek Financial Corp., a TSX-listed mortgage investment corporation, in public offerings of convertible debentures, its at-the-market equity program and general securities law matters.
- Canada’s Digital Technology Supercluster, a federal not-for-profit corporation focused on technology and innovation, in connection with organizational and corporate governance matters.
- Faraday Copper Corp., a TSX-listed mineral exploration company, in private placement offerings of securities and a $40 million bought-deal public offering of common shares.
- Kadant Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Ontario-based Conveyors Plus Ltd.
- A major forestry company in connection with various asset sales in British Columbia.
Jordan graduated with distinction from law school at Western University, where he received several awards including the Faculty Association Scholarship, the Fasken Martineau DuMoulin Award, the Law Society of Upper Canada Prize and the Granger Award in Family Law. Prior to law school, he obtained his Master of Science in Human Genetics from McGill University.
Jordan joined McCarthy Tétrault as a summer student in 2019 and was called to the British Columbia bar in 2021.