Jonathan Cheng is an associate in our Real Property & Planning group in Vancouver. His practice covers a broad range of commercial real estate matters including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financings, property development and land tenures.
His experience includes:
- acting for developers, educational institutions and non-profit organizations regarding residential, commercial and mixed-use developments;
- advising clients on real estate matters in various transactions including mergers and acquisitions and for energy and mining projects;
- acting for vendors and purchasers in the purchase and sale of multi-residential and commercial real estate;
- acting for borrowers on matters relating to the financing of real estate acquisitions, construction and reorganizations;
- representing lenders in connection with the financing of businesses, real estate acquisitions and construction; and
- advising clients on matters relating to land tenures, including permits, licenses and tenures of Crown land and private property.
Jonathan received his BSc in Microbiology and Immunology from the University of British Columbia and his JD from the University of Alberta. He was called to the British Columbia bar in 2017. Jonathan was born in Taiwan, raised in Hong Kong and Canada and also speaks fluent Mandarin.