Jonathan is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Group. His practice includes private M&A, IT outsourcing, e-commerce regulatory and transactional matters, and cyber/data work. Jonathan is also an active member in the firm’s national Technology Group and Cyber/Data Group. In 2019, he co-founded the McCarthy Student Tech Circle, which is a project dedicated to furthering knowledge among the firm's students in emerging technology law matters.
His experience includes:
- advising a Canadian company in a regulated industry on their transition from an on-premise enterprise resource solution to the cloud;
- assisting several clients with their e-commerce offerings by drafting privacy policies and terms and conditions of use and opining on electronic contracts and e-signatures;
- advising a multinational corporation on its IT outsourcing needs;
- advising a foreign client on how to render their privacy-related documentation compliant with Canadian law;
- advising a foreign buyer on its acquisition of a Canadian company in the pharmaceutical domain; and
- advising a Canadian corporation in its court-supervised sale process under the CCAA.
Jonathan completed his BCL/JD at McGill University's Faculty of Law. He also holds a BComm from Concordia University’s John Molson School of Business with a major in finance, a semester of which was completed at Universidad Carlos III in Madrid.
Outside of the legal domain, Jonathan served in the Canadian Forces as an infantry reservist for about five years. He was also engaged in several entrepreneurial activities. Notably, he cofounded a business law student association at Concordia and a website development company. Finally, Jonathan continues to play guitar professionally. His band performed at the 2014 and 2015 editions of the Festival International de Jazz in Montreal.
Jonathan was called to the Québec bar in 2021, and he is a member of the Bar of Montreal.