Jessica Rousseau is an associate in our Business Law Group in Montréal. Her practice is focused on corporate and securities law, and more specifically on public and private investments and public and private mergers and acquisitions.
Jessica has participated in several high-profile equity and debt offerings, primarily as a dealer representative, including acting for:
- the underwriters, as Canadian counsel, in the US$408.9 million secondary offering of subordinate voting shares of BRP Inc.
- the underwriters in the C$191.7 million initial public offering by IPL Plastics Inc.
- BMO Capital Markets and National Bank Financial Markets, the joint bookrunners, in the C$315 million offering of Senior Secured Notes by Yellow Pages Digital & Media Solutions Limited
- the underwriters in the C$433.5 million bought deal offering of BRP Inc.
- CIBC World Markets Inc., the lead underwriter, in the financing of Intact Financial Corporation's US$1.7 billion acquisition of US specialty insurer OneBeacon Insurance Group, Ltd.
Jessica also acted for:
- Noverco Inc. in its C$1.2 billion agreement to acquire Valener Inc.
- Canaccord Genuity Group Inc. in its acquisition of Jitneytrade and its related technology business Finlogik
- BCE Inc. in its acquisition of AlarmForce Industries Inc.
Jessica received her bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) from the Faculty of Law of Université Laval in 2016.
Jessica was called to the Québec Bar in 2017. She is a member of the Bar of Montréal and the Canadian Bar Association.