Jason Phelan is an associate in our Business Law Group in Montréal. His practice focuses on corporate finance, securitization and banking law. In particular, he represents clients in connection with the implementation of various types of credit facilities and the taking of security, both national and international in scope.
The following are some of the transactions in which Jason was recently involved:
- Member of a team that represented the agent and lenders in the modification and renewal of credit facilities provided by a syndicate of banks to an agro-food company;
- Member assigned to the financing aspects on a team that represented Kruger in connection with the conversion of the No. 10 Newsprint Machine to a linerboard machine and the debt/equity investment by Investissement Québec in assets valued in excess of $600 million;
- Member of a team that represented a wind energy operator in connection with the refinancing of wind energy projects in Ontario by syndicates of banks;
- Member of a team that represented GE Capital for the Canadian financing aspects in connection with the sale of a portfolio of aircraft loans and leases;
- Member of a team that represented a financial institution in the issuance of covered bonds;
- Member of a team that represented the agent and lenders in the implementation of credit facilities provided by a syndicate of banks to a metal recycling company.
Jason obtained his civil law and common law degree (BCL/LLB) from McGill University in 2013. As part of his degree, he studied one semester at the University of Melbourne in Australia. He also holds a Master in Law and Finance from the University of Oxford, which he obtained in 2015.
Jason is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Montréal.