Isabelle Nazon is a partner in our Business Law Group in Montreal. Her practice is focused on corporate and securities law, and more specifically on public and private mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, corporate financing, corporate governance and continuous disclosure obligations. Isabelle has been involved in a variety of merger and acquisition transactions, notably acting for purchasers and vendors in connection with privatizations, as well as for investors (including institutions) or strategic partners in connection with investments, equity investments and sales of interests. She has also been involved in capital market transactions, representing issuers as well as dealers, including debt and equity transactions in connection with private placements and prospectus offerings.
Isabelle has notably advised the following companies:
- Énergir, in its issuances of secured debentures;
- McGill University and Concordia University in their issuances of debentures (including a green debenture);
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc., in its issuances of convertible debentures and common shares;
- National Bank of Canada, in its issuances of preferred shares and limited recourse capital notes;
- Syndicates of dealers, led notably by subsidiaries of major Canadian banks such as BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc., National Bank Financial Inc., CIBC Word Markets Inc., RBC Dominion Securities Inc., Scotia Capital Inc., Desjardins Securities Inc. and TD Securities Inc., in:
- the private placement of senior unsecured notes of WSP Global Inc.;
- the private placement of debentures of the Montreal Port Authority;
- the private placement of senior secured notes of Cogeco Communications Inc.;
- the bought deal offering of common shares and the private placement of senior notes of Cascades Inc.;
- best-effort offerings of medium-term notes of Bell Canada;
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, in its acquisition of Enbridge’s stake in Noverco;
- LOU-TEC Group Inc., in its acquisition by a group of investors led by Sagard Private Equity Canada;
- Groupe Solmax Inc., in its acquisition of the shares of TenCate Geosynthetics and GSE Holding, Inc. and the refinancings by Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (F.T.Q.);
- The Special Committees of Dorel and New Look, in their respective privatizations;
- Le Groupe Maurice, in its sale of an equity stake to Ventas; and
- BCE Inc., in its acquisition of all the shares of Manitoba Telecom Services Inc.
Isabelle is involved in her community, sitting on the board of directors of Fondation LatinArte, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the impact of Latin American talent in Quebec. She is also a member of our Student Recruitment Committee while also mentoring many lawyers, articling students and students.
Isabelle received her Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB), with distinction, from the Faculty of Law of Université de Montréal in 2014. She also holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree (B.B.A.), with distinction, received from HEC Montréal in 2010. In the course of her B.B.A. program, she studied at Universidad de Granada, Spain.
Isabelle was called to the Quebec Bar in 2015.
Best Lawyers in Canada
Ones to Watch: Mergers and Acquisitions Law
The Legal 500 - Canada
Recommended: Capital Markets