Glynnis Morgan is an associate in our Business Law Group in Vancouver. She advises clients on a range of corporate and commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance and corporate reorganizations. Glynnis works with clients in a variety of industries, including technology, gaming, financial services, forestry, and manufacturing and distribution.
Glynnis’s representative transactions include:
- Counsel to Genesis Advanced Technology in connection with a strategic and controlling investment in its subsidiary, Genesis Robotics, by Koch Chemicals Technology Group;
- Counsel to CVC Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of OANDA Global Corporation, a global online retail trading platform, currency data and analytics company;
- Counsel to Parkland Fuel Corporation in connection with its acquisition of Chevron Canada's downstream fuel business;
- Counsel to QHR Corporation in its sale to Loblaw Companies Limited by way of plan of arrangement;
- Counsel to the purchaser in connection with its acquisition of a mapping software business;
- Counsel to the purchaser in connection with its acquisition of a manufacturing business;
- Counsel to the vendors in connection with the sale of a wholesale distribution business; and
- Counsel to Vancouver Airport Authority in its $200 million debenture offering.
Glynnis obtained her B.A. in English literature at the University of Western Ontario in 2008, and her M.A. in English literature at the University of Alberta in 2012. She received her J.D. from the University of Victoria in 2014, and clerked for two justices of the Court of Appeal for British Columbia following law school.
Glynnis was called to the bar in British Columbia. She is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia, the Canadian Bar Association and the Vancouver Bar Association.