George Plummer is a partner and a New York-called foreign legal consultant in our Real Property and Planning Group in Toronto.
Before joining McCarthy Tétrault, George was an associate in the New York office of Winston & Strawn LLP, where he was a member of the Real Estate Group and represented a number of multinational banks and other lending institutions in mortgage and mezzanine financing transactions.
George obtained his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from Colgate University (NY) in 2007 and his JD, cum laude, from St. John's University (NY) in 2013, where he served as a senior staff member of the St. John’s Law Review.
He is a member of the New York Bar Association.
George has recently acted for:
- National Bank of Canada as led syndicate lender in the C$174 million credit facility to Downsview Homes Inc.
- The Canada Life Assurance Company and Fiera Private Debt Inc. in connection with a $52.1 million secured credit facility to refinance the Red Lily Wind Project
- Landesbank Baden-Wuttemberg and OTP Management Ltd. in the refinancing of the Historic Distillery District
- CIBC and lending syndicate in providing C$325 million credit facilities to Revera Inc.
- Royal Bank of Canada, as a seller, and REAL-T, as the issuer, in the offering of Series 2020-1 commercial mortgage pass-through certificates
- Dekabank Deutsche Girozentrale in the C$92 million credit facility in connection to O-Mile X located in Montréal, Québec
- Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg, a financial institution based in Germany, in the qualification of its Canadian lending program and first-ever Canadian real estate financing transaction
- Bank of China (Canada) in the C$245 million construction financing of the King Blue Condominiums in Toronto
- Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan in the funding of $2 billion credit facility for Home Trust, a subsidiary of Home Capital Group Inc.
- Fitzrovia Real Estate and AIMCo in the acquisition of a development site in Toronto
- Portage Capital Corporation in a C$39.4 million first mortgage loan secured by five retail buildings in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan