Gabriel Faure is an associate in our Bankruptcy and Restructuring and Litigation Groups in Montréal. His practice focuses on bankruptcy, insolvency, restructuring, commercial litigation, and banking litigation.
Gabriel has been called to the Québec bar in 2014, and holds a Master’s degree in business law (LLM), a Juris Doctor in North American Common Law (JD) and a Bachelor’s degree in civil law (LLB), which he obtained from Université de Montréal in 2015, 2012 and 2010 respectively. His master’s thesis on the oppression remedy has been rated “excellent”. He teaches the bankruptcy and insolvency law course at Université du Québec à Montréal, and regularly publishes legal articles, in particular about insolvency and corporate law.
Gabriel is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and of the Turnaround Management Association. He volunteers as a director of the organization Projections libérantes and is Gouverneur de la relève of the Fondation du Barreau du Québec.
- “Reverse Vesting Transactions: An Innovative Solution to Restructure Insolvent Cannabis Companies” (2021) 10 JIIC [forthcoming]
- “Are demobilization costs incurred by the lessor of property leased pursuant to an agreement which was disclaimed during insolvency proceedings to be paid by the debtor?” (2021) 38-2 Nat Insol Rev 14
- “Les modifications à la Loi sur la faillite et l'insolvabilité et la Loi sur les arrangements avec les créanciers des compagnies sur les contrats relatifs à l’utilisation d’un droit de propriété intellectuelle : tentative de rapiéçage du législateur ?” (The Amendments to the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act and the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act Relating to Agreements for Granting the Use of Intellectual Property Rights: Legislative Patchwork?) (2020) 32-1 CPI 37
- “Creditor Activism in CCAA Proceedings: Beyond the Vote” (2019) Ann Rev Insolv L 761
- “Preplan Sales under Section 65.13 BIA and Section 36 CCAA” (2017) 59 Can Bus LJ 332
- “The Reasonable Expectations of Creditors under the Oppression Remedy: Preserving Coherence” (2016) 57 Can Bus LJ 314
- “La responsabilité civile des administrateurs en matière fiscale : une étude empirique” (“The Liability of Directors for Source Deductions: A Study of the of the Due Diligence Defence in Tax Matters”) (2015) 45 Ottawa LR 441
- “La convocation de témoins extraprovinciaux : vers une meilleure harmonisation avec le reste du Canada?” (“Summoning Extraprovincial Witnesses: Towards Harmonization with the Rest of Canada?”) (2015) 74 R du B 73