Firuz Rahimi is an associate in our Business Law Group in New York, where he practices exclusively Canadian law with a focus on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions (public and private) and assisting clients with general corporate governance matters and continuous disclosure obligations relating to Canadian securities law and stock exchange rules.
Firuz’s recent representative experience includes:
- Investment Management Corporation of Ontario in connection with several co-investments
- PlantPlus Foods, Marfrig Global Foods and Archer Daniels Midland Company in an arrangement agreement for PlantPlus Foods Canada Inc.
- Altius Renewable Royalties Corp., in its initial public offering of common shares
- Evolution Mining Limited in its C$343 million acquisition of Battle North Gold Corporation
- OMERS and Teranet Inc. on the C$530 million sale of DoProcess LP to Dye & Durham Limited
- Novacap in its acquisition of a majority interest in Optiom
- Eddyfi/NDT in its acquisition of Dynamic Risk Assessment Systems Inc.
- Antarctica Capital, LLC in its acquisition of UrtheCast’s Geosys agriculture analytics business and its UrtheDaily satellite constellation project
- Parsons Inc. and Colas Infrastructure Canada GP, in finalizing the project agreement to design, build and finance Edmonton's Valley Line West LRT Project
- the syndicate of lenders in providing C$1.5 billion in financing for Alberta's new Cascade Power Project
Firuz received a Bachelor of Arts in political science (with great distinction) in 2015 and a Juris Doctor (with great distinction) in 2018 both from the University of Saskatchewan. After law school, he clerked at the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan for Justices Jackson, Ryan-Froslie and Barrington-Foote.