Eve Tessier is an associate in our Business Law Group in Montréal. Her practice is focused on the various aspects of corporate financing, banking, mergers and acquisitions and corporate and commercial law.
Prior to joining McCarthy Tétrault, Eve worked in corporate finance, banking law and general business law at another national Canadian firm.
Eve has acted in transactions for the purchase and sale of private corporations, syndicated loans, securitization programs and secured lending transactions. She represents banks and other financial institutions as well as borrowers in connection with the implementation of credit facilities and the taking of security both in national and cross-borders transactions.
Eve’s practice also includes advising clients on regulatory matters relating to the Consumer Protection Act (Quebec) and privacy regulations requirements.
After obtaining her Bachelor in Civil Law (LLB) from the University of Sherbrooke in 2014, Eve completed a JD in North American Common Law and Transnational Law (with honours). She is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Montréal.
Eve has recently acted for:
- Kruger Products L.P. in its C$125 million private placement of 6.00% senior unsecured notes the lenders in the C$494.3 million refinancing of IPL Plastics Inc.
- Walter Capital Partners Inc. in its acquisitin of Plasticase Inc.
- Tropichem Research Labs, LLC and its parent, Thompson Street Capital Partners, in Tropichem’s acquisition of TetraGenx
- Novacap in its acquisition of Joseph Ribkoff Inc.
- Nouvelle Autoroute 30 in its C$1.2 billion bond refinancing for Montreal highway Autoroute 30
- Canada Infrastructure Bank in its C$1.28 billion investment in the Réseau Express Métropolitain project
- Kruger Products L.P. in the financing package for the TAD2 Project
- Noverco in its acquisition of Valener for C$1.12B