Dilara Alpli is an associate in the Firm’s Business Law Group in Toronto. She maintains a general business law practice, with a focus on public and private mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions. Dilara also regularly advises on general corporate and commercial, continuous disclosure and corporate governance matters. Dilara’s experience spans a variety of industries, including REITs, consumer products and technology.
Dilara recently completed a secondment acting as legal counsel to Uber where she advised on a strategic project to implement a significant corporate reorganization of Uber’s Canadian businesses and operations. In 2020, Dilara completed a secondment in the Firm’s New York office, where she focused on cross-border M&A transactions, providing Canadian corporate advice to clients acquiring assets or conducting business in Canada. In 2018, Dilara completed a secondment working with the legal team at OMERS Capital Markets. These unique experiences have allowed Dilara to provide well-rounded advice and to take a practical and business-driven approach to clients’ transactions.
Some of her recent transactions include:
- Acting as Canadian counsel to an investment management and advisory services corporation with respect to various minority investments in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
- Computacenter plc in connection with its acquisition by plan of arrangement of TSX-listed Pivot Technology Solutions
- Orocobre Limited, a global lithium carbonate supplier, in connection with its acquisition of Advantage Lithium by way of plan of arrangement
- Acting as Canadian counsel to a U.S.–based private equity fund with respect to a Canadian acquisition in the produce industry
- Slate Asset Management L.P. in connection with its sale of a minority non-voting interest to Goldman Sachs Asset Management’s Petershill Program
- Metso Corporation on its acquisition of McCloskey International
- OMERS Infrastructure in its proposed $3.25 billion acquisition of an equity interest in 407 International Ltd., which holds the world’s first all-electronic, open-access toll highway
- City Capital Ventures, a US-based principal investment firm, in the acquisition of Burger King and Pizza Hut franchisee business from Redberry Group
- Slate Office REIT and Slate Grocery REIT on a variety of capital markets transactions including secondary offerings and subscription receipt offerings
- Acting as Canadian counsel for Canadian and international private and public corporations in connection with various global corporate reorganizations
Dilara graduated with distinction in obtaining a combined JD/HBA degree with Western University’s Faculty of Law and the Richard Ivey School of Business. After her first year of law school, Dilara was selected for the McCarthy Tétrault Business Law Internship and spent the summer working with the legal team at the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. While in law school, Dilara was on the Dean’s Honour List and worked with the Western Business Law Clinic. At business school, Dilara was a writer and editor for the Ivey Business Review and was a member of the Women in Management and Academic Integrity Committees.
Dilara was called to the Ontario Bar in 2018 and is a member of the Law Society of Ontario and Ontario Bar Association.