A skilled communicator, Daryna combines her stakeholder relations experience with keen business instincts to deliver highly personalized support to clients on complex transactions.
Daryna Kutsyna is an associate in the Business Law Group in Toronto. She maintains a practice advising on a range of commercial transactions, with a focus on structured finance and capital markets mandates.
Daryna has worked on a number of domestic and cross-border securitizations in a variety of asset classes, trade receivables facilities, global debt issuances, covered bond programs and issuances of capital markets instruments, including common share, subordinated debt and limited recourse capital note offerings.
The following market-leading transactions, on which Daryna acted as lead or primary associate, are illustrative of her experience:
- BMO Nesbitt Burns, as lead underwriter, in the $3.1 billion public offering of common shares of the Bank of Montreal
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, as seller and CARDS II Trust, as issuer, in several domestic and cross-borderer issuances of Credit Card Receivables-Backed Notes
- Royal Bank of Canada, as a seller, and Real Estate Asset Liquidity Trust (REAL-T), as issuer, in the widely distributed cross-border private placement of Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities
- TD Securities, as lead placement agent, in the issuance of Residential Mortgage-Backed Certificates of Prime Structured Mortgage (PriSM) Trust
- BMO Nesbitt Burns, as lead agent, in the offering of $750 million principal amount of Limited Recourse Capital Notes by Bank of Montreal
- Laurentian Bank Securities, BMO Nesbitt Burns and TD Securities, as lead dealers, in the offering of $350 million subordinated indebtedness Notes by Laurentian Bank of Canada
- Ford Auto Securitization Trust, as issuer, in several widely distributed cross-border private placements of Asset-Backed Notes
- RBC Capital Markets, as lead agent, in the offering of $1.2 billion principal amount of Limited Recourse Capital Notes by Manulife Financial
Daryna graduated from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law, where she sat on the University of Toronto Academic Integrity Tribunal and competed in the Davies Corporate/Securities Moot, placing as top Oralist. Prior to her legal education, Daryna received an Honours Bachelor of Arts with high distinction from Trinity College at the University of Toronto. She is proficient in Russian and Ukrainian.
Daryna is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association, the Ontario Bar Association, Women in Capital Markets (WCM) and Women in Securitization (WIS).