A skilled communicator, Daryna combines her stakeholder relations experience with keen business instincts to help clients navigate complex transactions, delivering highly personalized and impactful support.
Daryna Kutsyna is an associate in the Business Law Group in Toronto. She maintains a practice advising on a range of commercial transactions, with a focus on capital markets and structured finance transactions.
Daryna has worked on a number of domestic and cross-border securitizations in a variety of asset classes, global debt issuances, covered bond programs and issuances of novel financial instruments, including limited recourse capital notes.
The following market-leading transactions, on which Daryna acted as lead or primary associate, are illustrative of her experience:
- BMO Nesbitt Burns, as lead underwriter, in the $3.1 billion public offering of common shares of the Bank of Montreal
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, as seller and CARDS II Trust, as issuer, in the issuance of Series 2022-1 Credit Card Receivables-Backed Notes
- Royal Bank of Canada, as a seller, and Real Estate Asset Liquidity Trust (REAL-T), as issuer, in the widely distributed cross-border private placement of Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities, Series 2021-1
- TD Securities, as lead placement agent, in the issuance of Series 2021-1 Residential Mortgage-Backed Certificates of Prime Structured Mortgage (PriSM) Trust
- BMO Nesbitt Burns, as lead agent, in the offering of $750 million principal amount of Limited Recourse Capital Notes by Bank of Montreal
- Laurentian Bank Securities, BMO Nesbitt Burns and TD Securities, as lead dealers, in the offering of $350 million subordinated indebtedness Notes by Laurentian Bank of Canada
- Ford Auto Securitization Trust, as issuer, in the widely distributed cross-border private placement of Asset-Backed Notes, Series 2021-A
- RBC Capital Markets, as lead agent, in the offering of $1.2 billion principal amount of Limited Recourse Capital Notes by Manulife Financial
- National Bank of Canada, as issuer, on covered bond issuances under its $20 billion Global Covered Bond Legislative Programme
Daryna graduated from the University of Toronto Faculty of Law, where she sat on the University of Toronto Academic Integrity Tribunal and competed in the Davies Corporate/Securities Moot, placing as top Oralist. Prior to her legal education, Daryna received an Honours Bachelor of Arts with high distinction from Trinity College at the University of Toronto. Daryna gained communications and stakeholder relations experience through several years working in Canadian federal politics. She is proficient in Russian and Ukrainian.
Daryna is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association, the Ontario Bar Association, Women in Capital Markets (WCM) and Women in Securitization (WIS).