Dana Siddle is counsel in our Business Law and Technology Law groups. Dana advises on complex commercial transactions and projects in the public and private sector. Dana also supports clients with practical, solutions-oriented advice on challenges and strategies relating to e-commerce, privacy and anti-spam law compliance.
Leveraging her deep knowledge and years of experience in the technology space, Dana advises clients in healthcare, biotech, and life sciences on complex mandates that require such specialization. These include technology transfers, IT contracting and outsourcing, technology procurement, and digital health / telehealth. She has helped numerous clients ensure their internal policies regarding health data management and privacy are robust and secure.
Dana joined McCarthy Tétrault after three years acting as in-house counsel for a major North American retailer of consumer technology products and services. Prior to that, Dana was an associate at leading national law firms in Canada and Australia.
Dana’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for a large private sector organization in the negotiation of a long-term services agreement for healthcare services in the public sector
- Acting for an organization in connection with the establishment of a COVID-19 rapid antigen screening program
- Acting for a consulting services business in connection with its provision of IT services to hospitals
- Acting for a provider of innovative home health care services in the negotiation of various technology services agreements
- Acting for a major Canadian retailer in the negotiation of a co-branded credit card deal
- Negotiating co-location services agreements with a leading Canadian providers of outsourced data centre services
- Negotiating with major communications infrastructure services providers for wavelength services between data centre and enterprise locations
- Negotiating numerous agreements for cloud services, software-as-a-service, IT hardware, software and support services
- Supporting a private sector procurement team in negotiating ongoing supply agreements, including in relation to outsourced IT services and staff augmentation
- Supporting a commercial sales team in agreement negotiations with vendors and distributors, and in relation to the development of a private e-commerce portal for customer orders
- Providing counsel to all aspects of a retail IT services business, including preparation of consumer-facing terms and conditions, review of advertising materials and response to privacy breaches
- Administering a compliance and ethics program for the Canadian subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company
Dana is an active member of the community and currently sits on the board of Easter Seals (BC/Yukon), an established leading organization supporting the disabled community. Dana holds the office of Secretary and sits on the Nominating and Governance Committee.
Dana received her LL.B from the University of New South Wales, Australia in 2005 and her B.Commerce from the University of Sydney, Australia in 2001. Dana is a member of the Law Society of British Columbia and the Canadian Bar Association.