With a demonstrated record of success, clients value Conrad’s highly strategic approach and ability to get deals done quickly.
A partner in the Real Property & Planning Group in Vancouver, Conrad’s practice is focused on all aspects of commercial real estate, with a particular emphasis on real estate financing. He is known for his solutions-oriented approach to complex acquisition, disposition, and lending transactions.
Conrad regularly represents a broad range of clients including significant institutional and private landlords, developers, investors and lenders on a variety of residential, commercial, mixed-use and comprehensive projects. Clients appreciate his responsiveness, breadth of experience, and strong leadership skills, each of which he uses to swiftly close deals without sacrificing quality. As one of the market’s most versatile lawyers, he is able to see both sides of the deal and leverage his industry knowledge and insight to find efficient solutions to even the most complicated matters.
Conrad has been lead transaction counsel on many sizable and complex syndicated financing and other real estate transactions for key lender, investor and developer clients. Some of his recent experience includes:
- representing an institutional seller of a neighbourhood shopping centre in downtown New Westminster;
- representing a private seller of a large retail property on Robson Street in downtown Vancouver;
- representing private and institutional owners and lenders on the purchase and finance of significant office towers in downtown Vancouver;
- representing an institutional owner on the sale of significant development land in Victoria;
- representing sellers and lenders in connection with the sale and finance of various luxury hotels in downtown Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa;
- representing groups of Canadian chartered banks in connection with the establishment of construction loan credit facilities relating to major, mixed-use property development projects in British Columbia and Ontario;
- representing life insurance companies and Canadian chartered banks in connection with the term finance of various key office and retail projects;
- representing major developers in connection with the acquisition of development sites and the development of condominium projects, including phased leasehold and mixed-use projects;
- representing an institutional landlord on the lease of a warehouse facility to a major US distributor;
- advising the proponent for the South Fraser Perimeter Road project in British Columbia; and
- advising lenders to the proponent for the Route 1 Gateway Project in New Brunswick.
An active member of the community, Conrad is on the Board of Directors of NAIOP (Vancouver Chapter) and a Past President and a current Strategic Advisory Council member of Ascend Canada (Vancouver Chapter). He is also a member of the Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (BC), the Real Property and Banking Sections of the Canadian Bar Association, the Vancouver Bar Association, and the Law Society of British Columbia.
Conrad obtained his BA in History and Economics from the University of British Columbia in 2001 and his LLB/JD from the University of British Columbia in 2004. He was called to the British Columbia bar in 2005.
Leading Lawyer: Real Estate - British Columbia
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Banking & Financial Institutions and Property Leasing
Lexpert Rising Stars
Leading lawyers under the age of 40 in Canada
Lexpert Special Edition - Infrastructure
The Legal 500 Canada
Listed as a Next Generation Lawyer in the area of real estate law