With a strong focus on client success, Chrystelle brings a creative and innovative approach to getting deals done across industries and borders.
Chrystelle is a partner in the firm’s Montréal office with a practice focused on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital transactions, real estate and private equity. She represents companies and organizations of multiple sizes across a wide-range of industries, including retail, energy and sustainable mobility.
Focused on the client experience, Chrystelle actively seeks out opportunities to gain deeper industry expertise and insights to better assist her clients in all areas of the market. In 2016, Chrystelle was on secondment with one of Canada’s largest pension funds where she acted on real estate investment transactions.
An advocate for diversity and inclusion, Chrystelle is an active member within her community. Currently, she is the acting director for various not-for-profit organizations. She also has a deep interest in developing the next generation of lawyers as a mentor and coach.
Chrystelle completed her LLL at the University of Ottawa (Summa Cum Laude) in 2007, her JD from the University of Ottawa (Cum Laude) in 2008 and her LLM from Dalhousie University in 2009. She was called to the Québec bar in 2011 and the Ontario bar in 2010. She is a member of the Barreau du Québec, Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.
- Carsharing Industry: Represented one of the world's largest carsharing service providers in a major investment.
- Entertainment Industry: Represented a world leader in the field of visual entertainment in an equity financing of a company operating a video exchange and management platform for video producers.
- Entertainment Industry: Represented a world leader in the field of visual entertainment in connection with an equity financing of a software company involved in multi-screen video applications.
- BNP Paribas SA: Represented BNP Paribas SA in connection with an investment by the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in Innocap Investment Management Inc.
- BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc.: Represented Bank of Montreal, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce and National Bank of Canada, which together have $3.4 billion in committed bank facilities to finance the cash portion of Metro Inc.'s acquisition of the Jean-Coutu Group for $4.5 billion.
- Home Health Care Industry: Represented a major manufacturer and distributor of home care and professional medical products in the sale of its DME brand portfolio of mobility and safety products in the bathroom.
- Retail Industry in Specialized Clothing: Represented an international foot and leg products company in its acquisition by a Canadian leader in the field of consumer sportswear listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- Retail industry of Optical Products : Represented a leading retail supplier of optical products listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange in its acquisition of optical retail facilities.
- Seafood Industry: Represented one of the world's leading seafood groups and the world's largest supplier of cold water shrimp and Greenland halibut, in its investment in the activities of a Canadian seafood Producer.