With a strong focus on client success, Chrystelle brings a creative and innovative approach to getting deals done across industries and borders.
A partner in our Business Law Group, Chrystelle is also Industry Group Leader of our National Retail and Consumer Markets Group and co-head of the firm’s national forestry group initiative. She focuses on domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, and real estate transactions. Chrystelle regularly represents U.S., European and other international clients investing in Canada, as well as Canadian clients investing abroad.
She is a trusted advisor for private and public companies and organizations of multiple sizes across our Retail and Consumer Markets sectors.
Chrystelle is a regular speaker at conferences, where she notably presents on M&A and private equity subject matters. She is an active member in her community, acting as director for various not-for-profit organizations. She also has a deep interest in developing the next generation of lawyers as a mentor and a coach.
Chrystelle holds an LLL and a JD from the University of Ottawa and an LLM from Dalhousie University. Chrystelle is fluent in French, English and Spanish.
Chrystelle’s recent experience includes representing :
- Retail Industry in Specialized Clothing: Represented an international foot and leg products company in its acquisition by a Canadian leader in the field of consumer sportswear listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange;
- Retail industry of Optical Products : Represented a leading retail supplier of optical products listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange in its acquisition of optical retail facilities;
- Seafood Industry: Represented one of the world's leading seafood groups and the world's largest supplier of cold water shrimp and Greenland halibut, in its investment in the activities of a Canadian seafood Producer;
- Home Health Care Industry: Represented a major manufacturer and distributor of home care and professional medical products in the sale of its DME brand portfolio of mobility and safety products in the bathroom;
- PF Résolu Canada Inc., a branch of Produits forestiers Résolu Inc., in connection with the sale of their pulp and paper plant no longer in operation, located in Fort Frances, Ontario, to 2670568 Ontario Limited, a subsidiary of Riversedge Developments Inc.;
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec as stakeholder in Cirque du Soleil's sale transaction and emergence from creditor protection;
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in its acquisition of holdings of Cirque du Soleil from founder, Guy Laliberté;
- Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. in the sale of its pulp mill in Matane, Quebec to Sappi Limited for US$175 million;
- Rayonier Advanced Materials in its US$214 million sale of lumber and newsprint facilities and related assets to GreenFirst Forest Products Inc.;
- Parkland Corporation in its agreement to acquire Pétroles Crevier Inc;
- Beiersdorf AG, a German multinational company that manufactures and retails personal-care products and pressure-sensitive adhesives, in its entering into of a definitive agreement to acquire the prestige beauty brand Chantecaille;
- Atlas For Men, a French outdoor clothing and accessories brand for adventurers, explorers and amateurs alike, in its entry into the Canadian market; and
- Communauto Inc., a leading Canadian carsharing company, in the acquisition of Astus Inc.