Christopher McHardy* is a partner in our Labour & Employment Group in Vancouver. He advises employers on a broad range of workplace issues relating to labour, employment, human rights, privacy and immigration law.
His experience includes:
- advising US and other offshore clients on labour, employment, human rights, privacy and immigration laws in connection with establishing business operations in British Columbia;
- advising employers on, and preparing and negotiating, employment and consulting agreements, restrictive covenants; workplace policies, employee handbooks and other employment-related documents;
- advising employers on union organizing drives, certification and decertification applications, unfair labour practices and collective bargaining, and representing employers in collective bargaining;
- advising on labour and employment issues in corporate mergers, acquisitions and outsourcing;
- defending employers against employee claims in provincial and superior courts, the Human Rights Tribunal, the Employment Standards Tribunal, the Labour Relations Board, labour arbitration boards, the Workers’ Compensation Board and its Appeal Tribunal, the Privacy Commissioner and other administrative bodies;
- representing employers in mediation and other alternative dispute resolution processes;
- advising employers on human resource management practices, human rights and privacy laws, union avoidance, investigations, and employee hiring, layoffs and terminations; and
- advising and assisting organizations and individuals with immigration matters and applications, particularly business visits, temporary resident permits, work permits, Provincial Nominee Program applications and permanent resident applications.
Christopher received his B.Comm (1997 Honours) and his LLB (2000) from the University of British Columbia, and has focused his practice on labour and employment matters since his call to the BC.
*denotes Law Corporation