Charles obtains favourable results, both in and out of court
Charles P. Blanchard is an associate in the Litigation Group in Montréal. He practises civil and commercial litigation, including class actions, professional and medical liability (both civil and disciplinary), construction law, product liability and property law. Charles had pleaded before the courts of first instance and appeal in Quebec as well as before various administrative and disciplinary bodies.
He is a member of the executive committee of the Civil Litigation section of the Canadian Bar Association.
Prior to joining McCarthy Tétrault, Charles practiced civil and commercial litigation at a boutique law firm primarily engaged in real estate and construction law.
- Representing contractors, consulting engineering firms and real estate owners in the context of construction law disputes
- Representing an owner of commercial buildings in major litigation involving a roof collapse and construction defects
- Representing landlords involved in disputes over commercial leases
- Representing companies in the context of safeguard orders and injunctions
- Representing companies in the context of product liability claims and latent defects
- Representing financial institutions in class action and mortgage disputes
- Company representation in proceedings under the Consumer Protection Act
Charles obtained his bachelor’s degree in law from Université de Montréal in 2008. He was admitted to the Québec bar in 2010 and is also a member of the Junior Bar Association of Montréal.