Charles-Alexandre Jobin is an associate in our Business Law Group in Montréal. His practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, corporate financing, private equity funds and venture capital. He is also a member of the Technology Law Group of the firm. As such, he is involved in the drafting and negotiation of various commercial contracts, including license agreements, distributions agreements and development agreements, primarily for clients in the technology industry.
Some of Charles-Alexandre's notable work includes:
- LeddarTech Inc. in the combined investment of US$100 million by way of a subscription of shares led by Osram GmbH and including Delphi, Magneti Marelli and Integrated Device Technology Inc. as strategic investors, as well as Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ);
- District M Inc. in the combined investment of $12 million led by Investissement Québec and including Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ);
- Rayonier Advanced Materials in the sale of its pulp mill located in Matane, Québec, to Sappi Limited for US$175 million.
- Matamec Explorations Inc. in its business combination with Canada Strategic Metals Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement to form a new gold exploration company ($4.8 million);
- TD Securities Inc. in the bought deal public offering of Industrial Alliance, Insurance and Financial Services Inc. of preferred and common shares for gross proceeds of $258 million;
- Nestlé S.A. in its acquisition of Atrium Innovations Inc. ($2.3 billion); and
- Walter Capital Partners Inc. in the going private transaction of Ergoresearch Ltd. through a merger with a corporation controlled by Walter Capital Partners Inc. ($21 million).
Charles-Alexandre was assigned to a secondment with a major Canadian telecommunications company, where he negotiated various commercial contracts with corporate clients and technology solution suppliers.
Charles-Alexandre obtained a bachelor's degree in civil law from Université Laval in 2015 and was listed on the honor roll. During university, he spent a year studying abroad at the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom where he earned a certificate in English law. He was called to the Quebec Bar in 2017 and is a member of the Canadian Bar Association.