Catherine Martin is an associate in our Litigation Group in Montreal. Her general litigation practice focuses on class actions, civil and commercial litigation, and medical and professional liability.
Catherine has represented physicians before civil Courts and disciplinary bodies. In addition to her medical litigation practice, Catherine is involved in defending several product liability and consumer class actions on behalf of leading corporations. She is also a contributing author to the fifth edition of Defending Class Actions in Canada, published by LexisNexis.
Catherine’s representative experience includes acting for:
- An aeronautical company in litigation involving a key supplier;
- A global technology company in product liability class actions;
- A telecommunications company in matters of consumer law related to the company’s billing;
- A global technology company in a consumer protection and privacy class action;
- Automotive manufacturers (OEMs) in various consumer protection and product liability class actions;
- Professionals in defence of civil liability claims.
Catherine obtained her civil law degree (LL.B) from Université de Montréal in 2014, as well as her common law degree (J.D.) in 2016 from the same institution. She was called to the Quebec Bar in 2016.
Catherine is a member of the Canadian Bar Association and the Young Bar Association of Montreal. She is also a member of the Jeunes gouverneurs committee of Les Grands Ballets and is a mentor with Le Fil d’Ariane which is a female mentorship program for law students.