Bobby Wang is a counsel in the Business Law Group in Toronto. He is also the co-chair of the China Practice. He maintains a general business law practice including financing, M&A, mining, banking regulation and general corporate law.
Most recently Mr. Wang advised on the $2.1 Billion Bluesky acquisition of InnVest REIT, which transaction was the largest, Chinese inbound acquisition into Canada in 2016.
- Advising large Chinese state-owned enterprises and privately owned enterprises on financing and M&A transactions in diversified industries including hospitality, mining, and oil & gas;
- Advising large Chinese banks (ICBC and ABC) on their Schedule III foreign bank branch applications;
- Advising large Chinese enterprises with their entry and exit strategies in Canada;
- Advising various Schedules I, II and III banks and other foreign financial institutions on their syndicated and bilateral secured financing transactions;
- Acting as in-house counsel for a large Canadian bank supporting its Canadian Banking operation;
- Advising a large U.S. investment bank on their collateralized debt obligations; and
- Advising various U.S. and European investment banks on their derivative transactions.
Bobby was born and raised in Shanghai, China and is fluent in Mandarin and Shanghainese. His current focus includes servicing clients from Asia, Canada, US and UK for corporate and financing transactions.
Bobby received his B.Comm. from University of Toronto in 2000 and his JD from Osgoode Hall Law School of York University in 2005. He was admitted to the bar in both Ontario and New York in 2006. He practiced law in both New York and Toronto and in both private practice and the law group of a large Canadian bank before joining McCarthy Tétrault in its Toronto Office in 2012