Bertrand Cossette is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Group in Montreal. His practice includes civil and commercial litigation, construction law litigation, medical liability and professional liability.
Over the years, Mr. Cossette has carried out a multitude of mandates, including, notably:
- Acting for the provisional administrator of a guarantee plan for new residential buildings appointed by the Régie du bâtiment du Québec before the Superior Court and the Court of Appeal of Québec in one of the most important litigation cases in the judicial history of Québec (the "Pyrrhotite" case)
- Acting for real estate developers, contractors, property owners and syndicates of co-ownership in latent defects, construction defects and design defects litigation
- Acting for landlords and tenants involved in commercial leasing disputes
- Acting for companies and individuals in connection with interim injunctions and safeguard orders
- Defending physicians involved in civil lawsuits
- Acting for financial institutions in mortgage litigation
Mr. Cossette is regularly called upon to give conferences on various aspects of his expertise.
Mr. Cossette obtained a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) from the Université de Montréal in 2011 with honours as well as a Juris Doctor in North American Common Law (J.D.) in 2014.
During his career, Mr. Cossette had the opportunity to study one semester in Paris (Université Paris II - Panthéon Assas), in addition to articling with the Paris branch of a Canadian law firm. He also worked at the Chair in Governance and Business Law at the Université de Montréal. Mr. Cossette is a member of the Young Bar Association of Montreal and the Canadian Bar Association. He was called to the Quebec Bar in 2013.