Andrea Schneider is an associate in our Business Law Group in Toronto. She maintains a general business law practice that involves advising public company clients on corporate governance and ongoing securities law requirements, including continuous disclosure matters. Andrea also has experience with mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance (debt and equity), structured finance and general corporate matters across a variety of industries.
Andrea received her JD from Queen’s University in 2016. Prior to studying law, she obtained her BBA with a concentration in accounting from Wilfrid Laurier University. While at Laurier, Andrea participated in the co-op program where she gained practical accounting experience with a government body as well as public companies. During law school, Andrea was a volunteer editor for the Queen’s Law Journal and provided legal assistance to seniors in the Kingston area through Queen’s Elder Law Clinic. In her final year at Queen’s Andrea participated in an international exchange to the University of Groningen in the Netherlands.
Andrea has recently advised on the following mandates:
- Echelon Financial Holdings in its sale of Echelon Insurance to CAA Club Group
- TD Securities Inc., as lead agent, in Shaw Communications' C$1 billion senior note offering
- Brookfield Asset Management in the C$4.3 billion acquisition of Enercare Inc. by Brookfield Infrastructure Partners
- ACON Investments, L.L.C. and its affiliates in its acquisition of Goody Products
- Vista Equity Partners in the acquisition of QuickMobile by Cvent Inc.
- Faircourt Asset Management Inc. in the C$5 million overnight offering of Faircourt Split Trust
Andrea was called to the Ontario Bar in 2017 and is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association and Women in Capital Markets.