Andrea Kareclas is an associate in our Financial Services Group in Toronto.
Andrea’s practice focuses on banking and secured lending transactions, including senior and subordinate loans, cross-border and multi-jurisdictional transactions, syndicated financings, subscription facilities, acquisition financings, bond financings and asset-based lending transactions.
Prior to specializing in financial services, Andrea maintained a broad corporate practice advising both issuers and underwriters in corporate transactions including private placements and prospectus offerings. She also has experience advising on public and private mergers & acquisitions and was seconded to Bell Canada’s Corporate Strategy and M&A group.
Andrea’s transactional experience includes acting for:
- Brookfield Infrastructure and GIC in the US$8.4 billion acquisition financing of Genesee & Wyoming Inc., a US freight railroad owner and operator
- the administrative agent and a syndicate of lenders on the U.S.$5.7 billion acquisition financing of DH Corporation
- Rhône Capital in its US$500 million equity investment in Hudson’s Bay Company
- Direct Energy on the sale of its Ontario home services business
- a Canadian multinational bank, as agent, in its establishment of asset-based credit facilities for a cannabis company
- Enercare Connections Inc. in its green bond offering and credit facility establishment
Andrea is a speaker and panelist at financial services seminars for various financial institution clients, often presenting on credit concepts and developing trends in the debt markets. She also serves on the board of an educational not-for-profit organization and is a volunteer for Pro Bono Ontario.
Andrea received her JD from the University of Ottawa and holds a MA and Hons. BA from the University of Toronto. She is a member of the Law Society of Ontario, the Canadian Bar Association and the Ontario Bar Association.