Mindful of clients’ business interests, Andrea assists clients with resolving complex legal issues through strategic and analytical thinking. As a commercial litigator, she focuses on disputes in the construction, power and energy, projects, and technology sectors. Andrea also advises clients on insurance coverage, shareholder disputes, corporate governance and has a depth of experience across industries with claims in fraud, conspiracy, breach of trust, breach of fiduciary duties, and breach of contract.
Andrea regularly appears before courts in British Columbia and Alberta and leverages alternative dispute resolution processes to obtain efficient solutions for clients. Some of her recent notable work includes:
- defending a company and former executives against a claim of fraud and conspiracy with relief sought in excess of $1 billion
- acting for parties engaged in multi-party construction and engineering disputes on power, infrastructure, commercial development, and resource projects
- representing shareholders in contentious buy-outs, breach of fiduciary duty, and fraud claims
- advising companies and individuals on insurance coverage issues and representing clients on disputes arising from denials of coverage
- advising and representing clients with respect to complex contractual interpretation issues
- obtaining injunctive relief against the perpetrator of major disruption to one of the world’s largest online streaming platforms
- successfully defending Uber against injunctive relief sought by the City of Edmonton (2015 ABQB 214)
Andrea is called to the bar in both British Columbia and Alberta and is a member of the Canadian Bar Association. She is actively involved in student recruitment and places great importance on mentoring students and junior associates. Andrea is also an active member of Start Proud and contributes to the advancement of diversity initiatives within the firm. She obtained her JD from the University of Calgary and, before that, attended Bishop’s University in Quebec.