Equipped with the practical and strategic guidance to mitigate risk and anticipate client needs, Anca will get your next infrastructure job done.
Anca Neacsu is a partner in our Infrastructure Group in Montréal. She advises clients in all aspects of the implementation of large-scale infrastructure and similar projects in a wide range of industries, including health care, transportation, mining and energy.
As one of Canada’s leading infrastructure lawyers, Anca has acted for private developers, public authorities, construction contractors and service providers on projects developed in various jurisdictions within Canada and the United States.
Highlights of Anca’s recent experience include:
- Ohio State University Energy Project: Advising ENGIE Services in its role as operation and maintenance provider in the consortium selected for the operation of a comprehensive energy management project, which includes long-term operation and management on a concession basis of the University’s energy infrastructure. The 50-year concession valued at USD$1.165-billion includes the operation and optimization of the university’s utility system and the construction of a new energy advancement and innovation centre for energy research and commercialization.
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), Phase 1C Redevelopment Project: Advising facility manager in respect of its participation in the consortium selected to design, build, finance and maintain the CAMH Phase 1C redevelopment project.
- Niagara Falls Entertainment Centre: Advising shortlisted proponent member biding to design, build, finance and maintain a new entertainment centre procured by the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
- Housing Project for Northern Communities: Advising the procuring entity in connection with the negotiation of multiple construction contracts and public procurements regarding the development of housing projects in Quebec’s northern communities.
- Biomass Facility: Advising developer in connection with the drafting and negotiation of the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreement regarding the construction of a biomass plant.
- Penticton Regional Hospital Patient Care Tower Project: Advising facility manager in connection with its participation in the consortium selected to design, build, finance and maintain a new patient care tower and parking facility at Penticton Regional Hospital, located in Penticton, British-Columbia.
In addition to her practice, Anca was a member of the Board of Directors of the Collège Beaubois Foundation (2012-2014) – a leading Francophone institution that trains young people to undertake graduate studies and become socially conscious citizens.
Focused on understanding the markets our clients work in, Anca co-researched and conducted a presentation on risk management for mining projects and procurement contracts: ''La gestion des risques reliés aux modes de réalisation des projets miniers et aux contrats liés à l’approvisionnement'' (presentation available in French only).
Anca received her LL.L and LLB from the University of Ottawa and was called to the Québec bar in 2007. She is a member of the Québec Bar and Canadian Bar Association.
The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
Leading Lawyer: Infrastructure Law
The Legal 500 Canada
Leading Lawyer: Infrastructure and Projects
Best Lawyers in Canada
Leading Lawyer: Construction Law, Public Procurement Law
Best Lawyers in Canada
"Lawyer of the Year" in the area of Public Procurement Law (Montréal)