Drawing on her in-depth knowledge of clients’ industries, Anastassia proposes practical solutions and builds long-term trusting relationships.
Anastassia Chtaneva is a partner in our Business Law Group in Québec City. She has comprehensive project development experience and special expertise in the fields of construction and procurement as well as financing in the infrastructure, energy, transportation and mining sectors in various Canadian and foreign jurisdictions.
Anastassia has represented mainly work project developers and owners for over 15 years. She also works on a regular basis for other stakeholders, including suppliers, contractors, subcontractors and lenders. This broad spectrum of assignments allows her to anticipate strategic issues and analyse them from the standpoints of the different stakeholders.
More specifically, Anastassia’s expertise includes reviewing tender documents and drafting and negotiating construction contracts according to different contracting approaches, as well as procurement, engineering, operations and maintenance contracts. She has also represented clients in public-private partnership infrastructure projects and has experience in the purchase and sale of businesses, particularly in the energy industry.
In addition to her law degree from Université Laval, Anastassia has a bachelor of law degree from the Moscow State University of International Relations (MGIMO).
- Québec Port Authority, with regard to the Laurentia project aimed at building and operating a new container terminal under a long-term commercial agreement with Hutchison Ports and Canadian National;
- FSM Group and fuel consortia for airports in various Canadian jurisdictions, in connection with the development of service, construction and procurement agreement templates and guidance in all delivery phases;
- Maison Simons, a retail developer, with regard to drafting and negotiating procurement, construction and maintenance contracts for its new automated distribution centre in Quebec;
- Train manufacturer CRRC Tangshan, in connection with the Agence métropolitaine de transport’s (AMT’s) call for tenders for the design, manufacturing and supply of passenger cars;
- A consortium member, RATP Dev, in connection with CDPQ Infra’s call for tenders for the supply of rolling stock and operation and maintenance service for the Montréal REM project;
- Champion Iron, a mining company, in connection with the drafting and negotiation of equipment purchase agreements with an Australian supplier for the redeployment of its mine in;
- A religious corporation, Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal, with respect to drafting of various requests for proposals and construction contracts for its development project;
- STACE Solar Solutions, a solar equipment manufacturer, regarding the development of solar projects in France, including joint venture, subcontracting, and engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) agreements;
- Hydro-Québec, in connection with the negotiation of agreements with Churchill Falls (Labrador) Corporation Limited for the replacement of the telecommunication system between the Churchill Falls generating station and Hydro-Québec’s transmission system;
- Various developers and lenders, in connection with drafting and negotiating EPC, EPCM, BOP and equipment supply contracts for energy and infrastructure projects and industrial facilities in Canada, South America and Africa.