Alexandre Saulnier-Marceau is an associate in our Business Law Group in Québec City. He acts for various companies on complex transactions and on various commercial and regulatory matters in several areas of business law.
Alexandre represents managers and investors in the formation of private equity and venture capital funds. He also advises fund managers in connection with their investments and their operations. His experience includes funds targeting start-ups, infrastructure, private debt and sustainable development.
He acts for developers, lenders and borrowers for the development and financing of infrastructure and renewable energy projects across Canada.
In transportation law, Alexandre represents purchasers, carriers and shippers in connection with the negotiation of transportation and subcontracting agreements, the acquisition of rail and transportation infrastructure, and compliance matters.
He also advises various public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, financing, and various transactions, in industries including life sciences, technology, natural resources and insurance.
Alexandre’s experience includes the following mandates:
- Fiera Comox Partners in the formation of Fiera Comox Global Private Equity Fund and Fiera Comox Private Credit Opportunities Fund, two funds based in Montréal and targeting global investments in their field;
- Urapi Sustainable Land Use L.P. in the formation of a Québec-based fund investing in agroforestry projects in South America while generating local community empowerment;
- Manulife and Sun Life in the Wataynikaneyap power transmission line project financing, in partnership with First Nations communities in Northwestern Ontario;
- Brookfield Infrastructure and GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, in their $8,4 billion acquisition of Genessee & Wyoming Inc., a railroad company active in North America and abroad; and
- Innergex Renewable Energy Inc. in the creation of a strategic alliance with Hydro-Québec and a private placement with a total value of $1.1 billion.
Alexandre obtained his bachelor’s degree in law (LL.B.) in 2017 from the Faculty of Law at Université Laval, where he ranked third on the honour roll. In the same year, he also completed an integrated bachelor’s degree in public affairs and international relations at Université Laval. During his studies, he spent a semester at the University of Zurich in Switzerland. He won second place for Best Mooter at the Charles-Rousseau Moot Court Competition in International Law and articled at the Court of Appeal of Québec for the Honourable Étienne Parent.
Alexandre was called to the Québec Bar in 2018. He is also a member of the Québec City Bar and the Canadian Bar Association.