McCarthy Tétrault Tax Dispute National Tour – Winning Strategies from Audit to Trial
September 16, 2022
Time of event
Topics to be discussed include:
- Forecast of CRA Activity: Recent statistics about the Canada Revenue Agency’s and Department of Justice’s activity and presentation of Canada’s first “Overall Tax Gap Report”
- Best Practice at the Audit and Objection Stages: How to build a winning strategy from the early stages of the dispute process? What is the impact of some key decisions on a potential trial? Questions from participants about any practical issue they have faced are welcomed.
- Update on Privilege: Digitization has multiplied the number of documents stored and therefore, the number of requests for information. Which documents should not be provided and how to ensure privilege is not waived?
- Robert Kopstein, Partner, National Tax Group, Calgary
- Chia-yi Chua, Senior Counsel, National Tax Group, Toronto
- Nicolas Cloutier, Partner, National Tax Group, Montréal
- Dominic Bédard-Lapointe, Partner, National Tax Group, Montréal
- Anu Koshal, Partner, National Tax Group, Toronto
- Samuel Julien, Associate, National Tax Group, Montréal
For questions about this seminar or to express your interest in attending, please contact [email protected].
Note: This presentation will take place in our Calgary office and will be given in English only. A lunch with items to suit most dietary restrictions will be served.
12:00 - 1:30 p.m. (MT)